Welcoming Ms. Hodges

Ms. Hodges in her Office.
Sophia Avila
Ms. Hodges in her Office.

Here at Palisade High School, we are welcoming a new counselor Ms. Hodges! She’s been counseling in schools for 6 years. She is starting her seventh year counseling here. She worked at Estes Park for two years, she worked internationally in Brazil for a year, and she worked at Redlands for three years. When working in Brazil, she helped kids from all many different places get into colleges. “I was an international counselor for a year abroad in Brazil.” 

(Sophia Avila)

She has many reasons for coming to Palisade. “Palisade High School is closer to where I live, I’ve done high school before and I was really interested in getting back into high schools. I liked that it was a great school, it has the International Baccalaureate program, which is cool. It has a lot of international connections which is neat, and PHS is just a good place, a good transition.” She’s most excited to meet the students and to get to know the staff.  I’ve done counseling internationally, like getting kids into colleges and things like that but this is definitely new for me.’ She’s never gotten to do all the stuff she gets to do here. “It’s a whole new learning curve for me and I’m excited to have that piece under my belt.” She loves working with kids. “I’ve always been really interested in working with kids, ever since I was really little. I really enjoyed it and I really love it. The reason I went into schools to begin with is because I wanted to seek kids on their good days and their bad days, it didn’t matter how much money they had, everybody had access.”

Welcome Lindsey Hodges, we all hope you have a great year!