Smith Sisters Conquer Newspaper

Photo taken by Kodie Smith

The Smith sisters ready to conquer the news.

Sophomore year of newspaper is definitely one to remember. It was full of laughter, excitement, news, and sister love. 

Looking back from my freshman year up to now I see so much growth. There is so much to look forward to in newspaper. Interviewing different people is my favorite because you get to meet new people, as well as hear so many different backgrounds and perspectives. The Palisade Paw Post has so much to offer. It helps you learn and grow. I have seen so much growth personally from freshman year up till now. Freshman year was great, but not as great as sophomore year. 

There are so many reasons why I can say that sophomore year was better than freshman year. For starters, it was the year where I had grown the most. It is also the year where I took on the athlete of the week with Jazzy. Not only did I get to hear different stories from so many athletes, but I got to experience and mess with camera gear. This was a great learning experience for me. These all are reasons that made this year fun. But the one reason why this year felt complete was because of Kodie. She was the cherry on top. I couldn’t do it without Kodie and newspaper couldn’t do it without us. She helped me bring the energy so that I could bring it to the news. We enjoyed interviewing together and bringing the news together. Although she has left me, I am glad that we got to spend this year together with the rest of the amazing crew. We laughed together, and even cried a little, but even more, we conquered the news together. And a big shout out to all of our advertisers, and mine, Palisade Peach Shack, thank you. We couldn’t do it without you guys. And thank you Mr. Franklin, for being there for us to the very end. I am looking forward to next year, but for now, peace out Bulldogs!