Closing In On The End

Group of Seniors at the Homecoming Bonfire

Photo Provided by Blake Hooker

Nobody ever believes in the saying “Don’t take high school for granted, time flies by.” As a senior looking back right now the last three and a half years flew by. This year’s graduating seniors had an unusually high school to start. The end of their freshman year got canceled due to covid and they were forced to go online after spring break. Seniors were excited as freshmen because not having to go to school was an exciting thing. Come sophomore year they had to wear masks and the class schedule was in blocks to limit exposure. Sports seasons were moved around. Later on that same year school was pushed back online before Thanksgiving break. Their junior year was the senior’s first relatively normal high school year since they were in eighth grade. The senior class has carried on traditions as well as made some of their own. 

Junior, Jazzy Salazar, comments about the graduating seniors, “This year’s seniors have a lot of spirit and they are more involved in the school than the previous senior classes.” Blake Hooker, a senior at Palisade shared his feelings about graduating and said, “I am a little scared because all of my friends will be leaving and I am going to lose the ties that I have but I am also excited to get this chapter of my life done with and move onto bigger things and see my classmates succeed as well.” His favorite memory of his high school years is the football games and seeing how everyone came together as a community.