Growing Pains

Rhett Ward get tackled

Jadyn Mullaney

Rhett Ward get tackled

The Palisade High School Bulldog football team takes another tough loss against the Montrose High School Redhawks. Friday night both teams came ready for a fight. The game took place at Montrose High School for their homecoming game. The game started off to a decent start with the Montrose Redhawks only scoring one touchdown with the extra point good in the first quarter. The second quarter is where the game took a definite turn. The Montrose Redhawks were able to score a total of 33 points making a total of 40 points by halftime. The Bulldogs came out of the locker room after halftime ready to score and close the 40 point gap. They ended up scoring two touchdowns. The first touchdown was scored by senior, Phallen Salvati, in the third quarter and the second one was scored by junior, Maddox Caster, in the fourth quarter. The final score was 14-40.

The Palisade Bulldogs are 0-4 in the season and have not had a league game yet. Maddox Caster said “It felt good to score a touchdown.” Palisade lost a few great seniors last year and when asked how that is affecting the team Caster replied, “ It is a little different, we really didn’t lose the whole team but we filled the holes they left.” Kade Smith leads the team in average receiving yards per game with 13.3 average yards per game. Malakhi Espinosa leads the team with an average of 96 rushing yards per game followed by Rhett Ward with 65.8 yards per game. The Bulldogs are scheduled to play Golden High School Friday September 23 at 4 p.m at Stocker Stadium.