Female Athlete of the Week: Abby Price

Abby Price during a swim meet. Photo provided by Abby.

Palisade Senior, Abby Price, is the Female Athlete of the Week brought to you by Palisade Dino Mart. The end of the winter season is ahead and Abby has been chosen this week. Abby has done High School swimming for four years. “This will be my fourth year doing swim for high school and tenth year swimming competitively,” said Abby. “What got me started was that when I was younger I didn’t like to play soccer, and I gave swimming a chance and I have done it ever since”. We asked how the season was going and she said, “It’s been okay. We lost a lot of pretty good seniors last year, and trying to replace them has been difficult but I’m excited to see how far we go and we’ve been doing good so I’m happy.” Abby is in IB and we asked her how being a student-athlete is like. “It’s more difficult, especially with IB but paying attention in class and staying focused is the biggest thing for me.” Abby has done swimming for a long time so we asked her what she likes the most and she said, “I like the community of the sport and I like that I’ve been swimming against the same girl for around eight or nine years and you get to know them and it makes the competitions really fun.” We asked her about her hobbies and she said, “I like to hang out with friends, go watch movies and you know, do the fun normal teenage things.” Her advice to the freshman was: “I would say even though it is not a super popular sport you should give it a try. Don’t be afraid to try and it’s a very welcoming community and you don’t need much experience.” We want to congratulate Abby and wish her luck with her future goals! Abby is a good example of determination and is a very hard worker! Congratulations Abby Price for Athlete of the Week!