FBLA Sweeps the Stage at Districts

Palisade FBLA at CMU districts! Photo by Ms Wright.

This past Tuesday, January 30th, Palisade FBLA went to the district competition to compete for a spot at the state competition this April. In the end 31 Palisa​​de students qualified for state. 

After hours of competition and presentation, the entire Palisade team sat in suspense at the closing ceremony where the results would be announced. For presentation events top 4 go to state and for testing events top 5 go to state. 

Bailey Edwards placed 1st in Accounting II, Claire Rasmussen placed 3rd in Advertising, Raeley Branson placed 2nd in Agribusiness, Sofia Porras placed 3rd in Agribusiness, Mia Moore placed 3rd in Business Communication, Mallory Brownell and Mia Moore placed 2nd in Business Management, Walter Hoffman placed 1st in Coding and Programing and 1st in Economics, Hank DeFord and Ava Heil placed 2nd in Entrepreneurship, Hailey Shackelford placed 1st in Help Desk, Emma Clark, Aspen Johnson, and Trevor Rund placed 2nd in Hospitality and Event Management, Kaleigh Guptill placed second in Human Resource Management, Noah Hirons and Canon Ross placed 3rd in International Business, Sara Babnic and Amara Bilyeu placed 4th in Intro to Business Presentation, Tianluo Zhu placed 1st in Intro to Programming, Parker Fulmer and Ian Robison placed second in Intro to Programming, Annalisa Bradley and Marcella Flores placed 3rd in Social Media Strategy, William Neese placed 3rd in Job Interview, Raeley Branson and Sofia Porras placed 1st in Marketing, Charlotte Allen placed 4th in Organizational Leadership, William Neese placed 2nd in Public Policy and Advocacy, Annalisa Bradley placed 3rd in Public Policy and Advocacy, Noah Hirons placed 4th in Securities and Investments, Leah Talbott placed 2nd in Spreadsheet Applications, and Sawyer Jacobson placed 3rd in UX Design.

“The team did really well and all of our hard work payed off,” says Mallory Brownell. She is a Sophomore and has done FBLA since Freshman year. Last year she went to Nationals with her partner Mia Moore. “I’m confident that we are going to do great at state and I’m sure we will have lots of people going to nationals this year.” FBLA will get back to work refining their events and planning to compete their best at the state competition. Wish them luck!