CMU Aims High

+The+Mavs+getting+ready+for+their+game%2C+on+their+home+turf.+Provided+by%3A+Madie+Snell%0A
The Mavs getting ready for their game, on their home turf. Provided by: Madie Snell

Underestimating Grand Junctions College will be the last thing opponents do when they go up against the women’s soccer team. This incredible team deserves recognition for their talent and hard work. Their impressive performances and dedication to the sport have made waves in the collegiate scene. Madie Snell has gone to their last 2 home games, she adds, “It’s so fun watching them work together as a team, and the amount of talent that is shown really adds to the team overall.” The most exciting part is that they are nationally ranked in NCAA DII WOMEN’S SOCCER standing strong at 18th in the nation hoping to climb up the rankings. Not only are they nationally ranked but they have six players who made the RMAC All-Conference. Players Sauvelyne Randel, Abby Fotheringham, and Carli Dare all made the honors of making 1st team. Players Kylie Wells, and Ally Wachtel both made the 2nd All-Conference team. Last but not least, goaltender Keely Wieczorek made an honorable mention. The team has amazing all-around players who work hard in training to make sure they keep up with their winning streak. Snell added, “You can tell how hard everyone on the team has worked and how well they all work together, it’s almost like they are all thinking the same thing. It really is impressive.” The team has shown great sportsmanship and has become a source of inspiration for aspiring female athletes. It’s incredible to see the growth and recognition of women’s soccer, and CMU is definitely a team to watch out for. Go Mavs!!!