Taylor’s Version is Out of The Woods

A+1989+%28Taylors+Version%29+CD+%0AProvided+By%3A+Holly+Wing+
Hayleigh Wing
A 1989 (Taylors Version) CD Provided By: Holly Wing

Some might argue that 2014 was Taylor Swift’s year, but fast-forward almost ten years later she re-recorded and expanded the nine-time platinum 2014 album, with five previously unreleased tracks. Following the insanely successful formula of her three other personalized albums: Fearless, Red, and Speak Now. Spotify announced she had broken not one but two records on the app with the release of her newest album. “She’s done it again,” wrote Spotify. Taylor Swift became the most-streamed artist in a single day in Spotify history, and 1989 (Taylor’s Version) became Spotify’s most-streamed album in a single day in 2023 so far. In this reimagined version of 1989 Taylor puts her heart and soul into every single track, giving us a fresh perspective on the iconic songs that defined pop music back in 2014. From the contaminating energy of “Shake it Off” to the inner storytelling of “Blank Space,” this album is a trip down memory lane. What makes this new version so special is the passion and authenticity that Taylor brings to each song. Her growth as an artist shines through as she reclaims her music. It’s like an artistic statement. Sophomore Makaila Koppelman stated, “1989 is by far one of my favorite albums and I was anticipating the release of Taylor’s Version, it was everything and more of what I was expecting.” For fans of the original “1989,” this re-recorded version offers a chance to rediscover the magic of the album with a new perspective. The familiar melodies and lyrics take on a new depth, reminding everyone why they fell in love with Taylor’s music in the first place. Koppelman added, “My favorite song is by far “Now That We Don’t Talk” Taylor did a great job on this song, and it speaks to me.” Overall, “1989 (Taylor’s version) is proof of Taylor’s unwavering dedication to music as well as her fans. It’s a celebration of her journey as an artist and a reminder of her impact on pop culture. So let us all go back to 2014 and relive the magic of 1989.