Homecoming Spirit Week: A Week of Fun and Fashion

A student council provided outline of next week’s events

Palisade High School is buzzing with excitement as Homecoming week approaches, and this year, it’s not just about the big game and the dance – it’s also about the fantastic spirit days lined up for students to showcase their creativity and style.

To get a closer look at what’s in store, we spoke with Lilly Preston, one of the student council members, who shared her enthusiasm for the upcoming week. “Homecoming Spirit Week is a time for us to celebrate our school spirit and connect with our classmates,” she remarked. “It’s a week filled with exciting activities that bring our school community together.”

The week kicks off with a twist. On Monday, there’s no school, but that doesn’t mean the fun stops. Grab your popcorn and head to the school to see 10 things I hate about you in the school parking lot at 7:30 PM. It’s the perfect way to start Homecoming Week with some cinematic magic. 

Tuesday is all about embracing the new normal of virtual meetings. For Zoom Day, students are encouraged to dress professionally on top and keep it comfy on the bottom. It’s a playful nod to the virtual world that has become a part of our lives. 

Wednesday brings out the inner fashionista in everyone. It’s “What Barbie Are You?” day, and students are invited to channel their inner Barbie dolls. Whether it’s President Barbie, Astronaut Barbie, or any other Barbie persona, make it pink and show off your unique style.

Prepare to be blinded by bright colors on Thursday. It’s Neon Day, where students are encouraged to wear the most vibrant and radiant colors they can find. The hallways will be awash with brilliant shades, creating an electrifying atmosphere.

Friday adds a touch of seasonal flair to the week. Each class gets to represent a different season: Freshmen embody the chill of winter, Sophomores bring the warmth of fall, Juniors usher in the freshness of spring, and Seniors bask in the heat of summer. It’s a creative way to display class unity and spirit.

The week culminates with the much-anticipated Homecoming night. Students have the option to dress semi-formal or go all out in Cowboy formal attire. It’s a night of dancing, laughter, and making memories that will last a lifetime.

Palisade High School’s Homecoming Spirit Week promises to be an unforgettable experience for students. It’s a chance to showcase school pride, creativity, and individuality, all while having a blast with friends. From Drive-in movies to neon explosions, this week is set to be one for the books. As Lilly Preston puts it, “Homecoming Spirit Week is not just about dressing up; it’s about creating lasting memories and strengthening our sense of community.” So, dust off those Barbie costumes and prepare your most colorful outfits because Homecoming Spirit Week is here, and PHS is ready to shine brighter than ever.